1. What are the submission dates?The submission process runs from mid-November to January 31.
2. What are the criteria that awards are judged on?Excellence awards are reviewed based on the following criteria: program needs/objectives, content, design, creativity, innovation, measurable outcomes and ease of replication.
3. Who makes up the Honors and Awards Committee?The Honors and Awards Committee is made up of NACE members who expressed interest in serving on the committee, one Board advisor and one NACE staff advisor. Committee membership is represented with a balanced number of college and employer members.
To ensure the integrity of the NACE Awards Program, Honors and Awards Committee members abstain from submitting for an award on behalf of their organization and withdraw from the ranking and voting process in any category in which an award entry is received from their respective organization. Those serving on the NACE Board of Directors also abstain from submitting award entries on behalf of their respective organizations.
4. Can I submit supporting material beyond the awards application itself?Beyond the submission form itself, supplemental information can be included. It must be in an electronic format that can be added as an attachment to the online form.
5. Can I submit a video?Yes, as long as it is in the form of a link to the video.
6. Can I submit my program in more than one category?No, please determine which one category you feel your program best represents.
7. Who can submit for an award?Anyone with an active NACE membership. You can nominate someone, or self-nominate.
8. How can I verify my NACE membership status?You can contact NACE membership at firstname.lastname@example.org.
9. When will I receive any feedback of whether I’m a winner or a finalist?The Honors and Awards Review Team meets in March. All those who have submitted for award consideration should be contacted in early April.
How do I go about nominating someone or self-nominating for a NACE award?The process is very simple! All you need to do is go to the NACE Awards webpage during open nominations and click on the appropriate awards category.
How should I approach filling out the online form?One way is to create your answers in a word document and then copy and paste them into the online form. This will also provide you with a record of your answers. The form will automatically save as you go along so it does not have to be completed in one sitting.
Carve out Time – We know that most people submit very close to the deadline. Past winners have shared that carving out a few hours leading up to the deadline to draft out your submission, outline and description will be a huge benefit!
Describe the Impact – Be clear about the impact – include metrics that describe what was accomplished, how it is being measured, and/or what does success look like (if it’s still in progress). Your submission will be used for promotional materials if you are selected for an award, so be sure to use action verbs and include results, possibly a catchy title also goes a long way!
Share what you learned - what best practices can you share? What were some of the learnings, and what surprised you?